reflections related to disability advocacy, family and (needed) cultural change
Sunday, May 11, 2008
(This video has nothing whatsoever to do with memes, I have just always wanted to include it! Happy Mothers Day!)
I have seen memes played out on other blogs, but never tried one myself. I got tagged by Barbara at TherExtras and it seems like a nice Mothers Day activity... so here goes:
The Rules… 1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. 2. Each player answers the questions about themselves. Please use the option for changing a question to one question only. 3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 4-5 people by posting their names, leaves them a comment on their blog that they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player's blog. 4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
Here are the questions:
1. What were you doing 10 years ago? In May of 1998 I was consumed with my youngest child's transition from pre-school to kindergarten. A highly stressful time. I'm trying to remember if that was a snowy Mothers Day here, but (though I can find pictures of every other year) I don't seem to have any of 1998... This year it's cloudy and cool, but NOT snowy!
2. What are 5 things on your to-do list today? Be showered with cards, presents, chores done by other hands than mine and food I did not cook. (Check! And yes, I am quite spoiled!) Go to my in-laws for more of same! (Check!) Read more of the BADD posts (Check! And you should go read some too, lots of interesting perspective there.) Watch Disney movie with my own princess. (Check!) Transport teenagers to/from work. (Got the 'to' part done....) There's more that will get done, but they asked for 5.
3.What snacks do you enjoy? I really like snacks. Favorites: Hershey Kisses, cookies, chips & salsa... I could go on and on!
4. What would you do if you became a billionaire?
Support a couple of my favorite organizations, fund worthy efforts at increasing accessibility... again, I could go on and on.
5. What are your bad habits? Snacking, going on and on.... by no means an exhaustive list!
6. Where have you lived?
Upstate NY. Always.
7. What were your 5 most interesting jobs?
Cocktail waitress, sales-person in a fabric store, nursing assistant, nurse, Virtual Trainee for the AUCD. Being a mom isn't a job per se, but on Mothers Day how could I not mention it--it's my favorite of all.
8. Who do you tag to do this meme next?
Can people self-tag? If you read this and have a blog, please play and leave me a comment to say you did... if this doesn't work I will have to figure something else out...
I am the mother of three, wife of one. I am a Partners in Policymaking graduate and a committed disability advocate. I want to catch up on my scrapbooking, learn more about art-journaling, get my house in order, read all the books I have set aside to read and change the world--not necessarily in that order. The opinions in this blog are my own and not those of any of employers.